DirtyPaws - Trick or Treat (VIP Mix) DirtyPaws - Trick or Treat (VIP Mix)

This is another really great song, with a great melody with good plunk synths and bells. The mixing is also really good, maybe a bit noisy, but not too bad. The only thing I don't care for here it the almost missing subbass in the 2nd half of both drops. There may be one, but its too quiet. Just a little louder will make a huge difference in the sounds and the fullness. The sampling here is also a strong point. The chants are used well, only showing up towards the end of a drop, which really helps the chants make an effect. The spooky vibe also really shows.

DirtyPaws - Cat Eyes (Original Mix) DirtyPaws - Cat Eyes (Original Mix)

I really like this song in its whole package, its mixing s well done, and its melody and tone really mix well together. The only thing I will say against the track is the yack-yack bass at 1:11 and other places, which is a popular preset that got overused to death. It's not used too much here, but you should always try to avoid using popular pre-made presets. With that said, the second drops changes are really good. The different rhythm in the first part is well structured, and the subtle growl re-arrangements fit well. The main pluck synth in the verse parts are also really well mixed. Overall, its a strong 4.5/5!

DirtyPawsOfficial responds:

You are right, unfortunately I still do not handle SoundDesing very well, that's why I use some presets, Thanks for the review, I'm sorry if I do not explain myself very well, but I do not speak English :p
-DP

~:Lunar Abyss:~ ~:Lunar Abyss:~

The kick and snare could use better side chaining against the FM bass, because they start to fade into being really quiet. the melody and synth for it is amazing, and the FM bass itself is pretty good. the reverse cymbals could be a biiiit louder, because they are an important part of transitions.The volume drops are kinda randomly thrown in there, never specifically with one part on the pattern, and that's kinda messy and lazy.

Overall, the mixing is pretty good with the piano and the other elements (other than the ones I listed), so it gets a strong 4. I added .5 because you don't see a main bass as an FM bass, and thats pretty creative. Reminds me a lot of rSeamless.

F-777 - Super Duper F-777 - Super Duper

In terms of song structure and melody and the actual song, this is a strong 4.5 or 5/5, but the mixing is where I have to deduct. The noisy, processed, almost painful way all the cymbals and snareclap sounds is annoying and really drags this down. While Xtrullor's sounds clean and natural, this sounds too gritty and noisy. I also don't care for the part at 1:29, as the main laser synth there gets kinda annoying after awhile, and (again) is too noisy. When a song sounds this grainy, its painful to listen to, and that's the worst possible thing to do to a song.

Theory Of Everything 5 [Fan Made] Theory Of Everything 5 [Fan Made]

This song on it's own is good, but the tie to TOE iswhat ruins it, because this does not even remotely fit with the original 3.

Some major points to make:
1. The weird plunk synth you keep using (i.e. 0:20) really doesn't fit in a TOE song, and it is poorly mixed in with the rest of the track.
2. The TOE series is traditionally more complextro, which has lees growly metallic basses, and more high based growls, which again would be fine, w/o the TOE name on it.
3. 2:09 is alas really out-of-place, with the simple synth, i would've opted for a quick violin pluck, or something more orchestral.

On its own, the song is a good 3.5, but the tie to the TOE series makes it feel rushed and fan service-y. With the odd connection to a type of sound it doesn't replicate, its a 2. The song overall shows improvement, just not the tie-in.

Xtrullor - Catharsis Xtrullor - Catharsis

"If Goukisan had good mixing"

I will be honest, the first section of the song is pointless, and is just there to seem "professional" in a weird way, but the useless ambiance comes off as pretentious "deep" sampling that doesn't need to be there. The Large chimes of the tubular bells could be better blended with the song, and the piano around 00:45 sound s pretty un-mixed. one of your lesser songs.

Xtrullor - Ego Death Xtrullor - Ego Death

The main bass sounds alot like a massive synth with the pitch/frequency knob modulated to hell. IDK if its that, or harmor, but holy fuck 0_0.
The sound overall kinda grains on the ears, so thats why its not a perfect 5. It's a little too noisy in some parts, almost becoming painful.
That ebing said, this trakc s HEAVY AND I LOVE IT! SO FUCKING HEAVY! YEAH!

I Got No Time [Instrumental] I Got No Time [Instrumental]

I really like this song. Its mix of orchestra, electronica and piano is really well blended. The main synth for the drop sounds bad by itself, but when placed with the rest of the song, it seems to oddly fit.
However, I feel the vocals really carry the melody, so the song sans vocals feels... empty.
Overall, good song!

Geoplex - Zenith Geoplex - Zenith

I really like the beginning with electronic percussion AND classical strings! Sounds really well blended, with amazing mixing all through! I like how you mix the two genres!

(Psst. What do you use for strings?)

Geoplex responds:

Thanks! For my strings I'm using East-West Quantum Leap Gold Symphonic Orchestra (composer cloud). It's basically an entire orchestra, and it's amazing haha

Xtrullor & HeliXiX - Universal Expression Xtrullor & HeliXiX - Universal Expression

You can really hear where HelixIX did his parts, with the more traditional metal growls. This song really has a magic sorta feel to it.
I really like the mixing on the growls as well, they really felt well put. I was afraid his and your style would not mend well, but they REALLY did!
My only gripe (nitpick more like) is the full are pauses in the drop, they kinda break the momentum you had with the percussion and the rest, and they feel kinda out of place. (2:20 especially).

Now wheres this Mafia collab I've been hearin' about?